Who Are We?
Braintreehouse is a studio of fun folks who make cheerful games and thoughtful art tools. The things we make are owned by everyone who works on them and are done so with care. Upon its launch, our first game, FMK: Twists of Fate, was immediately acquired by a major publisher. As we continue on our adventure to become the best place to create and play with others, there’s a perfect spot for you to grow with us. Your quest starts here.
The Art Team is responsible for everything visual in our video games, board games, and card games--from concept sketches to final renders. Our artists work closely with game designers and developers, and we encourage venturing off into smaller mixed teams dedicated to specific projects.
As an animator at Braintreehouse, you will bring our characters to life. Working with character designers, directors and developers, you will produce hand-drawn character animations and special effects to be used in games and videos.
- Create character, prop, scene, and effects sprite animations.
- Provide iterations of art in various production stages including sketches and final color.
- Close collaboration with other teams.
- Research gaming and animation art styles and trends.
- All other challenges assigned by directors.
- Good understanding of the principles of 2D animation.
- Strong knowledge of perspective.
- Strong drawing skills.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to understand art notes and adapt them to tasks with vivid imagination and creativity.
- Knowledge of digital drawing applications such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Toon Boom, and Procreate.
- Tiny ego.
- Sense of humor.
- Full and part-time positions available.
- Paid internships with opportunity for full or part-time employment also available.
Benefits and Perks for Full-Time Employees
- 100% company paid individual medical and dental insurance premiums
- 50% company paid toward spouse/dependent medical and dental insurance premiums
- Market competitive compensation package
- Profit sharing from product sales
- Generous vacation policy
- Daily catered lunch
- Company sponsored workshops (art, technology and relevant gaming topics)