Who Are We?
Braintreehouse is a studio of fun folks who make cheerful games and thoughtful art tools. The things we make are owned by everyone who works on them and are done so with care. Upon its launch, our first game, FMK: Twists of Fate, was immediately acquired by a major publisher. As we continue on our adventure to become the best place to create and play with others, there’s a perfect spot for you to grow with us. Your quest starts here.
The Art Team is responsible for everything visual in our video games, board games, and card games--from concept sketches to final renders. Our artists work closely with game designers and developers, and we encourage venturing off into smaller mixed teams dedicated to specific projects.
Our character designers get to define the look of our characters and all of the character assets for use in our games and marketing materials. Beyond aesthetics, you will also contribute to the characters’ backgrounds and abilities in collaboration with game designers and writers. You may work as a conceptual artist building characters from the ground up or you might adapt sketches from other concept artists, taking them to finished illustrations. As we are a smaller studio, you will get to work on a wide variety of characters and styles.
- Create characters and character assets for use in games and marketing materials.
- Provide iterations of concept art in various production stages including rough sketches, full-color concepts, and final rendered works.
- Close collaboration with other teams.
- Research gaming and animation art styles and trends.
- All other challenges assigned by directors.
- Strong understanding of anatomy.
- Strong ability to work in cartooning styles.
- Strong drawing skills.
- Strong sense of color design.
- Understanding of designing characters optimized for the capabilities and limitations of animation and gaming.
- Ability to understand art notes and adapt them to tasks with vivid imagination and creativity.
- Knowledge of digital art applications such as Adobe Photoshop and Procreate.
- Experience with or an interest in 3D modeling a plus.
- Experience with 2D animation would be awesome.
- Tiny ego.
- Sense of humor.
- Full and part-time positions available.
- Paid internships with opportunity for full or part-time employment also available.
Benefits and Perks for Full-Time Employees
- 100% company paid individual medical and dental insurance premiums
- 50% company paid toward spouse/dependent medical and dental insurance premiums
- Market competitive compensation package
- Profit sharing from product sales
- Generous vacation policy
- Daily catered lunch
- Company sponsored workshops (art, technology and relevant gaming topics)