Who Are We?
Braintreehouse is a studio of fun folks who make cheerful games and thoughtful art tools. The things we make are owned by everyone who works on them and are done so with care. Upon its launch, our first game, FMK: Twists of Fate, was immediately acquired by a major publisher. As we continue on our adventure to become the best place to create and play with others, there’s a perfect spot for you to grow with us. Your quest starts here.
The Art Team is responsible for everything visual in our video games, board games, and card games--from concept sketches to final renders. Our artists work closely with game designers and developers, and we encourage venturing off into smaller mixed teams dedicated to specific projects.
Fire up the chiptunes, we're makin' pixel art and we are looking for an artist who adores the style--someone who loves 2D retro games and Minecraft. You will work with game designers to deliver the prettiest pixels for our games.
- Create pixel art for use in digital and print games.
- Provide iterations of concept art in various production stages including rough sketches, full-color concepts, and final rendered works.
- Close collaboration with other teams.
- Research gaming and animation art styles and trends.
- All other challenges assigned by directors.
- Strong understanding tools and settings to create pixel art.
- Strong understanding of color and composition.
- Strong drawing skills.
- Ability to understand art notes and adapt them to tasks with vivid imagination and creativity.
- Knowledge of digital art applications such as Adobe Photoshop.
- Tiny ego.
- Sense of humor.
- Full and part-time positions available.
- Paid internships with opportunity for full or part-time employment also available.
Benefits and Perks for Full-Time Employees
- 100% company paid individual medical and dental insurance premiums
- 50% company paid toward spouse/dependent medical and dental insurance premiums
- Market competitive compensation package
- Profit sharing from product sales
- Generous vacation policy
- Daily catered lunch
- Company sponsored workshops (art, technology and relevant gaming topics)